Kickstart your low carb lifestyle with 7 tips.
After the potential excess of the holidays (think sugar and carbs, plus not enough exercise), this is a great time to hit a low carb reset and get back into a healthy routine, allowing you to get back to removing sugars and processed carbs while curbing cravings and continuing your journey toward achieving your goals.
7 Tips for a Low Carb Reset
My tips for a low carb reset include:
- Pick your plan. Have you been “guesstimating” your daily carb intake? If so, your carbs may have been sneakily creeping up more than you realize. You can give your body a total low carb reset by dropping down to 20 grams of Net Carbs a day, with Phase 1 of Atkins 20TM. If you prefer a more gradual low carb reset, both Atkins 40 TM and Atkins 100 TM can help you achieve your goals.
2. Clean up your act. Purge your pantry and kitchen of all those leftover holiday goodies that may still be lingering.
3. Love your veggies. Fiber-rich veggies are considered nature’s natural cleanser and are naturally low in carbs. Switch from some of the starchier veggies you may have been indulging in over the holidays to leafy salad greens and other non-starchy veggies.
4. Pick your protein and healthy fats. Go for nourishing, light meals such as smoothies, soups and salads, which are delicious options for your low carb reset after the heavier and richer foods you may have been eating.
5. Drink plenty of water. During the hectic holidays, it’s easy to slack on the H20. Get back into the habit of keeping a refillable water bottle by your side. Sip from it frequently and refill it as soon as it’s empty.
7. Make a move. Your daily walks or regular workouts may have fallen to the wayside over the last couple months. Now is the time to revive your regular exercise habit or start a new one.