Atkins 20®: A Low Carb Ketogenic Diet
Atkins 20®, the original Atkins diet and original keto diet, has helped millions of people achieve their weight loss goals. Not only is it a low carb keto diet, but it’s simple too! When you control your carb intake to 20 grams a day, you burn fat, known as ketosis. Begin your low carb ketogenic diet journey by following Phase 1 of Atkins 20®:
- You’ll see results quickly. Even after just a few days, your clothes will fit better!
- Your appetite is totally under control. In fact, you’re eating every two to three hours.
- You don’t have to exercise. While it’s a good idea to exercise for other reasons, on Atkins you can still lose weight without exercise.
- It’s easy to stick with Atkins. This is a delicious and satisfying way of eating you can live with.
- As you approach your weight loss goals, you’ll add plenty of fruits, veggies, and whole grains.
The Atkins 20®, the original low carb keto diet is split into four phases. You’ll begin in Phase 1, consuming the smallest amount of net carbs to burn fat and put your body in ketosis. As you move through Phases 2 and 3, we’ll keep you on track by gradually balancing and expanding your list of acceptable foods. By Phase 4, you’ll be able to eat at your maximum net carb level while maintaining your weight and lifestyle.
Atkins products have been tested to ensure that their impact on your blood sugar level is minimal. The majority of Atkins products can be suitable for Phase 1 as long as you don’t sacrifice the intake of foundation vegetables (the requirement is 12 to 15 net carbs daily). If you are in Induction, you have 5 to 8 grams of net carbs to use for dairy, dressings, or Atkins products. You can plan accordingly and customize your diet to your needs!
Register with Atkins today to start your low carb keto diet. Our 1,600+ keto friendly and low carb recipes, diet resources, and free tools will help you achieve your weight loss goals.
A DAY IN THE LIFE ON THE ATKINS DIET
On Phase One: Induction, you’ll eat scrumptious proteins like fish, poultry, meats , eggs, and cheese, as well as wonderfully satisfying, buttery vegetables and healthy fats like avocado. Later on, you’ll be able to add virtually all food groups, from the acceptable food lists including full-fat yogurt, nuts, seeds, fruits, starchy vegetables like sweet potato, and even whole grains.