The celebration of Passover and Easter features many time-honored traditions that revolve around food. Even if you are living a low carb lifestyle, it is quite possible to fully enjoy every bite of your meal with a little planning and shopping in advance.
As far as Easter, my menu of 5 low carb Easter recipes works well for Easter brunch or dinner.
These three low carb main course recipes can also be the stars of the show for either Passover or Easter. You can complete the meal with some spring vegetables in season and an appetizer like deviled eggs:
Going Out to Brunch? 5 Low Carb Tips for Eating Out for Easter Brunch
If you’re going out to brunch, there are many low carb Easter brunch options you can eat:
- Hit the omelet station. Fill your omelet with tomatoes, mushrooms, avocado, spinach and cheese. Most selections for your omelet are naturally low in carbs.
- Check out the carving station. You’ll probably find delicious slices of ham and even roast beef or prime rib to add to your plate.
- Add some veggies sides. You can enjoy asparagus and hollandaise without guilt, as well as steamed veggies such as cauliflower and broccoli or roasted Brussels sprouts.
- Pass on the pastries. At this point, your delicious omelet, carved meat and vegetables will most likely have satisfied your appetite so it should be easier to pass on the pastries, French toast and pancakes you might encounter at Easter brunch.
- But, you don’t have to skip dessert. Fresh fruit, such as berries, are lower in carbs and are a nice sweet finale to your Easter brunch.
And, even if you overdid it a little, that’s OK. Take advantage of the spring weather and finish your meal with a walk outside, and get back on track by planning your low carb meals and snacks for the next day.