Keto Leg of Lamb with Garlic and Parsley Recipe
Cook Time: 150 Minutes
Phase: Phase 1
6 lb Lamb Leg (Whole (Shank and Sirloin) Trimmed to 1/8" Fat, Choice Grade)
4 clove Garlic
2 tbsp Parsley
1 tbsp Coarse Kosher Salt
- With the tip of a sharp knife, poke 20 holes in the leg of lamb about 1 1/2 deep. Into each hole, stuff one slice of garlic and one parsley leaf. Rub the leg of lamb all over with kosher salt and black pepper. (This step can be done up to one day in advance.)
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Place lamb in a roasting pan; roast 30 minutes. Reduce heat to 325°F, and baste the leg with any juices that have accumulated in the pan.
- Cook about 2 hours (total cooking time is about 20 minutes per pound), until an instant-read thermometer registers 130°F (medium) in the thickest part.
- Remove roast from oven and allow to rest 15 minutes. Transfer roast to a cutting board. Carve in thin slices, parallel to the bone.
- To make a natural gravy: Remove fat from pan drippings, add 1 cup of water to the pan, and simmer on the stovetop over a medium flame, scraping up browned bits with a wooden spoon. Cook until reduced to 3/4 cup.
Whether you’re feeding a family or cooking for one, you can update the serving settings above to reveal the required amount of ingredients.