Labor Day is the perfect time for a picnic, whether it’s in your back yard, a local park or a delicious reward after a walk or hike. You can take advantage of dining al fresco before the weather turns cooler with these low carb Labor Day picnic recipes, which include appetizers, sides, main dishes, plus dessert.
Try these tips for perfect picnicking:
- An insulated tote or bag works great and cools and cushions your food.
- Bring a blanket. Make sure it’s comfortable and machine washable.
- Pack some throw pillows to elevate your post-picnic lounging.
- Bring salads in Mason jars. They also work great for transporting other sides or desserts. You can also use Mason jars to store your utensils.
- Pack a cutting board. You can use it for last-minute slicing and dicing or as a flat surface for food.
- Freeze three quarters full bottles of water and use them as ice packs.
- Pack plates and cutlery. You can go the eco-friendly route by using melamine plates that are light, portable and re-useable or compostable bamboo plates.
- Bring bags for trash, plus napkins and paper towels.
- Use a tray or two to serve food or to carry essentials from your car to the picnic spot.
- Don’t forget a corkscrew and knife.
- Be prepared for the elements and critters with sunscreen and bug spray.
Once you’ve got your low carb Labor Day picnic planned, you’ll love these brand-new keto picnic recipes to add to your menu:
If you’re craving fried chicken but not the carbs that typically accompany it, you’ll love this crispy, crunchy keto fried chicken. Just pull out your Air Fryer and you’re good to go.
Keto Raspberry Lemonade Ice Pops
You can chill out with these ice pops. They make a refreshingly sweet finale to your picnic. Keep them packed in ice until you’re ready to serve.