Instead of trying to “survive” the holidays, lets focus on “thriving” through the holidays with these tips:
- Stick with your schedule. Whenever possible, try to be consistent with your low carb snacks and meals, aiming for three meals and two snacks a day. This should keep your appetite under control, even when faced with tempting treats.
- Relax the rules… a little. Give your low carb lifestyle a little flexibility for a bit. If you’re following Atkins 20, go with Atkins 40 for the next couple weeks to give yourself some new food choices while still sticking with some low carb guidelines. On Atkins 40? Try Atkins 100. This way you’ll have a wider range of delicious food to choose from while still thriving on your low carb lifestyle.
- Add some steps. Squeeze in some extra movement throughout your day whenever possible. Get up every hour from your desk and sneak in some squats, sit-ups or push-ups. Park farther away from your destination. Take a walk during lunch or after dinner.
- Have a low carb cookie exchange. Are you invited to a cookie exchange? Or are you throwing one? Try these low carb holiday cookie recipes so you can have your cookies and eat them, too.
- Keep your cocktails low carb. Try these tips and low carb holiday cocktail recipes so you can enjoy the occasional cocktail without the carbs this season.
- ‘Tis the season for a low carb holiday swap. Whether you’re bringing a dish to a holiday brunch or hosting a holiday dinner, you can’t go wrong with these delicious low carb swaps for traditional holiday dishes.
To continue with the theme of thriving, not surviving the holidays, keep reading my blogs this month for tips on beating the holiday stress and winter workouts to get your heart pumping.