- GO FOR A WALK! I like walking because it’s not intimidating and it’s easy to see your progress. It’s also a fabulous opportunity to bond with your spouse or catch up with your friends. Give it a go! Start with 5 minutes a day and you’ll be surprised how quickly you progress.
- COOL DOWN IN THE POOL! I enjoyed playing in the pool this year with my grandbaby Pearl. If you have little ones, what a magnificent way to bond with them…you won’t even realize you’re exercising.
- LIFT WEIGHTS. The one takes a little time to work up to, but I love it. It feels great!
- ENJOY YOURSELF! Seriously. On Atkins you should never feel hungry or deprived, this isn’t something you need to force yourself through. It’s a different lifestyle, one you should enjoy. And as you start experiencing the benefits, the weight loss, the extra energy, put them to good use enjoying your time with friends and family.
- DON’T LOSE YOUR HEAD! There are so many treats I find difficult to resist, but I have to remember that just one bite leads to just one more, and then I have to go through the whole detox process of weaning myself off sugar again. Remember your motivation and stick with it.
More From Colette
School’s back in session, and hopefully the “new” normal looks a little like the old normal. Even if you are still working from home, you might be juggling those responsibilities with getting the kids out the door and to school, preferably with some breakfast in their tummies and a healthy lunch and snacks in hand.Read More »
Warm up your weeknights with these low carb sheet pan recipes. The wonderful thing about a sheet pan meal is that it saves time, and clean-up is easy since you’re only using one pan. The low sides of a sheet pan encourage air flow that makes it easy to brown and roast entire meals. HereRead More »
If you’ve been thinking about cutting back on carbs, now is the time to try Atkins 100. It can be a delicious and livable “reset” to the way you may currently eat. While the average American consumes around 240 grams of carbs a day, Atkins 100 reduces your carb intake to 100 grams of NetRead More »