- GO FOR A WALK! I like walking because it’s not intimidating and it’s easy to see your progress. It’s also a fabulous opportunity to bond with your spouse or catch up with your friends. Give it a go! Start with 5 minutes a day and you’ll be surprised how quickly you progress.
- COOL DOWN IN THE POOL! I enjoyed playing in the pool this year with my grandbaby Pearl. If you have little ones, what a magnificent way to bond with them…you won’t even realize you’re exercising.
- LIFT WEIGHTS. The one takes a little time to work up to, but I love it. It feels great!
- ENJOY YOURSELF! Seriously. On Atkins you should never feel hungry or deprived, this isn’t something you need to force yourself through. It’s a different lifestyle, one you should enjoy. And as you start experiencing the benefits, the weight loss, the extra energy, put them to good use enjoying your time with friends and family.
- DON’T LOSE YOUR HEAD! There are so many treats I find difficult to resist, but I have to remember that just one bite leads to just one more, and then I have to go through the whole detox process of weaning myself off sugar again. Remember your motivation and stick with it.
More From Colette
Plus, new recipes for comforting low carb side dishes and dessert. It’s time to talk turkey and all the trimmings. Let’s start with some tips for stress-free Thanksgiving prep, followed by some delicious new recipes for comforting side dishes that will have you giving thanks because they are low in carbs. From creamy spinach gratinRead More »
If you’re hitting the friendly skies or taking a road trip during the busy holiday travel season, sticking with your low carb lifestyle might seem challenging. Still, with the right hacks, you can navigate holiday travels effortlessly without returning home with a few extra pounds. 11 Low Carb Travel Hacks Remember, preparation is key. ByRead More »
11 tips to jumpstart your weight loss. When you think your weight loss is cruising, the scale sometimes plays hard to get. While plateaus are a natural part of any weight-loss journey, they can be frustrating, but they are also opportunities to re-evaluate, adjust and come back even stronger. What Is a Low Carb WeightRead More »