- GO FOR A WALK! I like walking because it’s not intimidating and it’s easy to see your progress. It’s also a fabulous opportunity to bond with your spouse or catch up with your friends. Give it a go! Start with 5 minutes a day and you’ll be surprised how quickly you progress.
- COOL DOWN IN THE POOL! I enjoyed playing in the pool this year with my grandbaby Pearl. If you have little ones, what a magnificent way to bond with them…you won’t even realize you’re exercising.
- LIFT WEIGHTS. The one takes a little time to work up to, but I love it. It feels great!
- ENJOY YOURSELF! Seriously. On Atkins you should never feel hungry or deprived, this isn’t something you need to force yourself through. It’s a different lifestyle, one you should enjoy. And as you start experiencing the benefits, the weight loss, the extra energy, put them to good use enjoying your time with friends and family.
- DON’T LOSE YOUR HEAD! There are so many treats I find difficult to resist, but I have to remember that just one bite leads to just one more, and then I have to go through the whole detox process of weaning myself off sugar again. Remember your motivation and stick with it.
More From Colette
School’s back in session, and hopefully the “new” normal looks a little like the old normal. Even if you are still working from home, you might be juggling those responsibilities with getting the kids out the door and to school, preferably with some breakfast in their tummies and a healthy lunch and snacks in hand.Read More »
Whether you’re trying to lose weight, or you just want to support your immune health as part of your low carb lifestyle, we have created some new, delicious, immune-boosting low carb recipes featuring foods containing nutrients* that may support your immune system, such as iron, zinc, selenium, vitamin A and vitamin C. Whether it’s aRead More »
Labor Day is the perfect time for a picnic, whether it’s in your back yard, a local park or a delicious reward after a walk or hike. You can take advantage of dining al fresco before the weather turns cooler with these low carb Labor Day picnic recipes, which include appetizers, sides, main dishes, plusRead More »