- GO FOR A WALK! I like walking because it’s not intimidating and it’s easy to see your progress. It’s also a fabulous opportunity to bond with your spouse or catch up with your friends. Give it a go! Start with 5 minutes a day and you’ll be surprised how quickly you progress.
- COOL DOWN IN THE POOL! I enjoyed playing in the pool this year with my grandbaby Pearl. If you have little ones, what a magnificent way to bond with them…you won’t even realize you’re exercising.
- LIFT WEIGHTS. The one takes a little time to work up to, but I love it. It feels great!
- ENJOY YOURSELF! Seriously. On Atkins you should never feel hungry or deprived, this isn’t something you need to force yourself through. It’s a different lifestyle, one you should enjoy. And as you start experiencing the benefits, the weight loss, the extra energy, put them to good use enjoying your time with friends and family.
- DON’T LOSE YOUR HEAD! There are so many treats I find difficult to resist, but I have to remember that just one bite leads to just one more, and then I have to go through the whole detox process of weaning myself off sugar again. Remember your motivation and stick with it.
More From Colette
Food and Mood: Is There a Connection?
Learn how what you eat can impact how you feel. Have you ever noticed that after eating food high in sugar, while it seems delicious and tempting at the time, shortly after, you’re experiencing an energy slump and cravings for more? This is because the food you eat can affect your mood and emotional stateRead More »
Mother’s Day Low Carb Recipe Roundup
This Mother’s Day, show the love, not the carbs. As we celebrate Mother’s Day, there’s no better way to show your love and appreciation for her than by respecting her low carb diet. There are plenty of delicious, low carb dishes that fit the bill, whether she’s craving brunch, dinner or a picnic. New LowRead More »
Low Carb Cinco de Mayo Recipe Roundup
Margs, tacos, tostadas and more! If you plan on celebrating Cinco de Mayo but worry about the Cinco “carbs” that may creep on you, fear not. With these recipes and tips, your fiesta can be delicious and low carb. How to Make Your Cinco de Mayo Low Carb Eating out? Try these tips for lighteningRead More »