- START AT YOUR VERY NEXT MEAL. Stop putting it off. Stop punishing yourself with negative thoughts. Make the decision to change and DO IT. You’ve got to just jump right in- both feet in the pool! And don’t you dare wait until Monday! By Monday, you might have already have lost weight.
- CLEAR OUT THE JUNK! If there’s junk food in the house, it’s got to go! Out of sight, out of mind.
- STOCK UP ON HEALTHY SNACKS YOU LIKE. I keep two-bite rosemary chicken roll-ups, fresh cut vegetables (with Atkins bleu cheese dressing), and whipped cream cheese wrapped in arugula and green onion in the fridge at home and at work.
- GET CREATIVE WITH YOUR BEVERAGES. I swear by sparkling water with lime and fresh mint. It’s my favorite! Recently, I’ve also gotten into iced green tea, which is a fabulous pick-me-up and is loaded with antioxidants.
- KEEP CHANGING UP YOUR MENU! There are so many different recipes to choose from, there is just no excuse to get bored on Atkins. Make a point to explore new recipes each season.
More From Colette
Food and Mood: Is There a Connection?
Learn how what you eat can impact how you feel. Have you ever noticed that after eating food high in sugar, while it seems delicious and tempting at the time, shortly after, you’re experiencing an energy slump and cravings for more? This is because the food you eat can affect your mood and emotional stateRead More »
Mother’s Day Low Carb Recipe Roundup
This Mother’s Day, show the love, not the carbs. As we celebrate Mother’s Day, there’s no better way to show your love and appreciation for her than by respecting her low carb diet. There are plenty of delicious, low carb dishes that fit the bill, whether she’s craving brunch, dinner or a picnic. New LowRead More »
Low Carb Cinco de Mayo Recipe Roundup
Margs, tacos, tostadas and more! If you plan on celebrating Cinco de Mayo but worry about the Cinco “carbs” that may creep on you, fear not. With these recipes and tips, your fiesta can be delicious and low carb. How to Make Your Cinco de Mayo Low Carb Eating out? Try these tips for lighteningRead More »