Atkins Pizza with Sausage, Bell Peppers and Onions Recipe
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Phase: Phase 3
1 cup, shredded WHOLE MILK MOZZARELLA CHEESE
3 tablespoon EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
1 individual packet Sucralose Based Sweetener (Sugar Substitute)
0 1/2 medium (approx 2-3/4" long, 2-1/2" dia) Green Sweet Pepper
0 1/2 cup TOMATO SAUCE
0 1/2 medium (approx 2-3/4" long, 2-1/2" dia) Red Sweet Pepper
1 small Red Onions
0 1/2 tsp SALT
1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder (Straight Phosphate, Double Acting)
1 link (5" long) ITALIAN SAUSAGE
1 cup Tap Water
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Blend together baking mix, baking powder, salt and sugar substitute in a large mixing bowl.
- Add water and oil. Using a wooden spoon or a spatula, combine into a dough. Using a spatula, remove the dough from the bowl and place on a clean surface lightly coated with olive oil spray.
- Coat rolling pin with oil spray and roll the dough out to fit the pizza pan or stone. Or use your hands to pat the dough into shape.
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes and remove from oven.
- Spread tomato sauce evenly over the pizza. Sprinkle with mozzarella and top with sausage rounds, green and red bell pepper slices and onions. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Return to the oven and continue baking for 10-15 minutes. Cut into 8 slices.
Whether you’re feeding a family or cooking for one, you can update the serving settings above to reveal the required amount of ingredients.