Atkins helps you
ACCESS OUR DATABASE OF OVER 1,600 FREE
ATKINS-FRIENDLY RECIPES. CLICK HERE!
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
1 ¼ pounds skirt steak or beef tenderloin, cut into 2 x 1 strips
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 tablespoon butter
½ cup finely chopped Spanish onion
3 ounce small white mushrooms
¼ cup dry red wine
1 cup beef broth (not low sodium) or 3 tablespoons demi-glace mixed with 3/4 cup water
¼ cup sour cream
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Heat oven to warm setting. Sprinkle meat with salt and pepper.
- In a large nonstick skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown meat in batches, about 1 minute per side. Transfer to a platter and place in oven.
- Melt butter in skillet; add onion and cook 3 minutes, until softened. Add mushrooms. Cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mushroom liquid evaporates.
- Add wine; cook 5 minutes. Stir in beef broth and cook 10 minutes, until mushrooms are coated with a thick sauce. Stir in sour cream and mustard. Add meat and accumulated juices.
- Reduce heat to low and cook 2-3 minutes, until meat is heated through. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Disclaimer: Nothing contained on this Site is intended to provide health care advice. Should you have any health care-related questions, please call or see your physician or other health care provider. Consult your physician or health care provider before beginning the Atkins Diet as you would any other weight loss or weight maintenance program. The weight loss phases of the Atkins Diet should not be used by persons on dialysis or by pregnant or nursing women.