Keto Taco Salad Recipe
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Phase: Phase 1
4 tablespoon Green Tomato Chile Sauce (Salsa Verde)
0 3/4 cup Tap Water
1 lb Ground Beef (80% Lean / 20% Fat)
0 1/2 tsp GARLIC POWDER
1 tsp Cumin
1 cup, shredded MONTEREY JACK CHEESE
4 oz Yambean (Jicama)
0 1/2 cup, shredded CHEDDAR CHEESE
1 tbsp CHILI POWDER
0 1/2 tsp ONION POWDER
4 tbsp Sour Cream (Cultured)
1 tsp Thick-It-Up
6 cup shredded Cos or Romaine Lettuce
- Make the seasoning mix: In a small bowl, combine the chili powder, cumin, Thick-It-Up, onion powder and garlic powder. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook the ground beef over medium heat until browned, breaking up with the back of a wooden spoon, about 15 minutes.
- Drain off fat, if any. Add the water and seasoning mix; stir to combine. Reduce heat to medium-low, and cook until liquid is almost completely absorbed, 10 to 12 minutes.
- In a large bowl, toss lettuces with the green tomato chile sauce. Divide among 4 large serving bowls, about 1 1/2 cups each. Top each with 1/4 cup chopped jicama.
- In a medium bowl, toss the Monterey jack and cheddar cheeses together; divide and sprinkle over the jicama.
- Divide and spoon the beef mixture (about 1/2 cup per serving) over the cheese.
- Top each with 1 tablespoon sour cream and 2 tablespoons additional green chile sauce if desired (don't forget to add in the extra carbs!).
Make a large batch of the seasoning mix to use in other recipes and to make prep easy! You'll need 2 tbsp of the blend for this recipe.