Swordfish Kebabs with Roasted Tomato and Parsley Sauce Recipe
Cook Time: 55 Minutes
Phase: Phase 2
8 tablespoon EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
2 tsp SALT
0 1/3 tbsp ANCHOVY PASTE
2 tsp SALT
6 plum TOMATOES
3 large (2-1/4 per lb, approx 3-3/4" long, 3" dia) SWEET RED PEPPERS
4 tbsp PARSLEY
1 tbsp, drained CAPERS
1 1/2 tbsp CORIANDER SEED
3 tsp MINCED GARLIC
32 oz Swordfish
2 large Red Onions
DIRECTIONSMediterranean cuisine relies heavily on seafood. In this recipe, the tiny anchovy meets up with the mighty swordfish. In my restaurant, I grill seafood over charcoal or wood, but a grill will do the job. You could also use halibut, tuna, grouper and large calamari or another "steak-style" fish. Fish that flakes when cooked will fall apart on a skewer. Parsley sauce is one of my favorite sauces. Sometimes we marinate fish or chicken in it before grilling it to add flavor and a beautiful color. We've also served it with roast beef. 6 (10-inch) bamboo skewers, soaked in water for at least an hour
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- Make the parsley sauce: prepare a bowl of ice and water. In a blender, using a small container, pulse the parsley, anchovy, capers and olive oil for 3-4 minutes. Remove the container to the ice bath. Using a rubber spatula, stir mixture to hasten cooling. Remove to a smaller container and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature before serving.
- To prepare the roasted tomatoes, mix tomatoes with salt, thyme, garlic, coriander and oil to coat well. Place the tomatoes on a wire rack over a baking sheet and roast for 25-30 minutes until they are very soft and look like they are melting. Remove from the oven and keep warm.
- Raise the oven temperature to 350ºF.
- Place the onion and bell pepper on a baking sheet and roast. After 15 minutes, remove the onion. When it has cooled, cut into roughly 1-inch square pieces.
- Continue to roast the pepper another 5 minutes. Remove and place in a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and keep in warm area for 15 minutes. Peel the peppers and cut into roughly 1-inch square pieces.
- Preheat the grill.
- Thread the swordfish cubes on the skewers with a square of pepper and square of onion between each cube. (You should have 5 cubes on each skewer.) Season with salt and grill the kebabs for 3 minutes on one side; turn and grill for 3 minutes on the opposite side. Grill for about 1 minute on each of the other two sides.
- Serve the kebabs with roasted tomatoes and parsley sauce.
This recipe was created for Atkins by chef Mike Isabella.
Whether you’re feeding a family or cooking for one, you can update the serving settings above to reveal the required amount of ingredients.