Sweet Cherry Pie Recipe
Cook Time: 35 Minutes
Phase: Phase 4
8 Atkins Cinnamon Pie Crust
4 cup, without pits Sweet Cherries
1 1/2 tsp Thick-It-Up
2 tbsp Sucralose Based Sweetener (Sugar Substitute)
1 tablespoon Unsalted Butter Stick
1 large Egg (Whole)
DIRECTIONSUse the Atkins recipe to make one Atkins Cinnamon Pie Crust (8 servings).
- Make Atkins Cinnamon Pie Crust. keep in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Combine cherries, thickener, and sugar substitute in a medium bowl. Transfer to a 9-inch glass pie plate. Dot top of cherry mixture with butter; set aside. Set aside.
- Roll piecrust dough between two sheets of plastic wrap to a 10-inch diameter circle. Remove top sheet of plastic wrap; invert dough onto fruit and carefully remove remaining sheet of plastic wrap. Fold overhanging dough under and pinch or press with the tines of a fork to create a decorative edge; cut a 1-inch slit in the center of the pie. Chill pie until dough is firm, about 30 minutes.
- About 10 minutes before removing pie from refrigerator, heat oven to 375°F. Brush dough with beaten egg and bake until crust is golden brown and juices are bubbling, about 35 minutes.
- Serve warm with low-carb ice cream (optional).
Almonds are a wonderful compliment to cherries. Consider adding 1/4-1/2 teaspon of almond extract to either the pie crust or the filling!