Keto Smoked Trout Mousse in Cucumber Cups Recipe
Cook Time: 7 Minutes
Phase: Phase 1
3 cucumber (8-1/4") Cucumber (with Peel)
1 tbsp chopped Onions
3 tbsp chopped Chives
1 tsp WORCESTERSHIRE SAUCE
8 oz, boneless SMOKED TROUT
2 tsp Fresh Lemon Juice
0 1/3 envelope (1 tbsp) Gelatin Powder (Unsweetened)
0 1/4 tsp Tabasco Sauce
3 pieces Bacon, slab
0 1/2 cup HEAVY CREAM
0 1/2 cup Tap Water
0 1/2 tsp SALT
- Cook bacon, drain on paper towels, and cool. Crumble into small pieces.
- Sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 cup cold water in a small bowl. Let stand until dissolved, about 2 minutes. Pour 1/4 cup boiling water over gelatin; stir to combine. Chill until it begins to set, about 30 minutes.
- Combine trout, 2 tablespoons chives, onion, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, salt and hot pepper sauce in a bowl; mix well. Stir in gelatin mixture.
- Beat cream with an electric mixer at high speed until stiff peaks form. Gently fold trout mixture into cream; chill until slightly set, about 20 minutes. Gently stir.
- Spoon out the middle of each cucumber round, leaving a 1/8-inch border around edges and bottom. Spoon about 2 teaspoons mousse into each round.
- Garnish with bacon and remaining tablespoon chives.
Whether you’re feeding a family or cooking for one, you can update the serving settings above to reveal the required amount of ingredients.