Smoked Salmon and Cucumber Sushi Recipe
Cook Time: 0 Minutes
Phase: Phase 1
2 tbsp chopped Onions
0 1/2 pepper Jalapeno Peppers
1 tbsp Rice Vinegar
0 1/2 serving Liquid Stevia
0 1/2 cucumber (8-1/4") Cucumber (with Peel)
3 oz Cream Cheese
4 oz, boneless Smoked Salmon
Use red onions for the best flavor in this recipe. The stevia is optional, add just a drop or 2 if you prefer a slight sweet taste. Be sure the cream cheese is at room temperature or place in a microwave safe bowl and gently heat for 10-20 seconds until it is softened. Smoked salmon can vary in how it is sliced. Choose a salmon that is sliced about 1/8-inch thick (you want it to be thick enough to hold up to the cream cheese but thin enough to roll.)
- Finely mince the onions and jalapeno (remove the seeds and membrane first). Place in a small glass bowl with the rice vinegar and optional stevia (1-3 drops). Allow to pickle for 5-10 minutes (this can be done ahead of time, they will last for up to one week in the refrigerator in a sealed container).
- Cut the cucumber into 2-inch long planks, then cut each plank into even sticks that are about 1/8th of an inch wide. Set aside.
- In a small bowl mash the cream cheese until smooth. Add the pickled vegetables and marinade blending until combined.
- Lay the salmon pieces out flat (cut into 2x4-inch pieces if necessary) and spread about 1.5 tbsp of the cream cheese mixture over the length leaving 1/4-inch on each end. Place cucumber sticks at one end and roll up in the salmon. Repeat for remaining ingredients.
- Place whole sushi rolls in the refrigerator covered with plastic wrap for 30 minutes then slice into bite sized pieces. Or enjoy immediately whole!
Whether you’re feeding a family or cooking for one, you can update the serving settings above to reveal the required amount of ingredients.