Keto Pork Chops with Grilled Escarole Recipe
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Phase: Phase 1
32 oz Pork Chops (Top Loin, Boneless)
2 tbsp FISH SAUCE
2 tbsp chopped Shallots
2 Tbsp GINGER
6 tsp MINCED GARLIC
0 1/2 cup Canola Vegetable Oil
1 tbsp HOISIN SAUCE
5 tbsp Lemongrass
3 tbsp Tap Water
4 cup ESCAROLE
1 1/2 tbsp Organic Tamari
DIRECTIONSLemongrass is available in almost every supermarket these days. It gives a distinctive tart taste. Although the first ingredient in conventional Hoisin sauce is sugar, the sugar-free version makes this dish perfectly Atkins friendly. Steel's Rocky Mountain Hoisin sauce is a good brand to try, it does not contain sugar. You will need 2 tbsp, if you cannot find one that is sugar free use 1 tbsp and dilute it with 1 tbsp of water to make the 2 tbsps.
- Mince the shallots, lemongrass, garlic, and ginger. In a large bowl, mix together the canola oil, shallots, lemongrass, garlic, ginger, fish sauce, 2 tbsp Hoisin sauce, tamari and water. Reserve one-third of the mixture. Using the rest of the mixture, coat each pork chop and marinate in a 9-inch by 13-inch baking dish in the refrigerator for 2-4 hours, turning the chops once.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high. Also preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- When the grill is ready, remove the chops from the marinade and grill for 3 minutes on each side. Transfer the chops to a baking pan and bake another 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, transfer the mixture used to marinate the pork to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, add the water and then reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Escarole: Coat the escarole leaves with the reserved marinade and place them on the grill for 1 minute. Remove and place on a serving plate.
- Place the pork chops on top of the escarole, drizzle with the warm marinade, adding any marinade not used for the escarole, and serve.
Variation 2: Pork Chops with Poached Egg and Grilled Escarole Follow the recipe above but use poached eggs instead of fried eggs.
This recipe was created for Atkins by chef Simpson Wong.
Whether you’re feeding a family or cooking for one, you can update the serving settings above to reveal the required amount of ingredients.