Penne with Mascarpone and Bacon Recipe
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Phase: Phase 4
12 oz, raw (yield after cooking) Bacon
12 oz Chick Pea Penne Pasta
4 Tbsp Shallots, raw, chopped
2 tsp Garlic
4 fl oz Sauvignon Blanc Wine
8 oz Mascarpone
0 1/4 cup Whole Milk
0 1/4 cup Parsley
- In a large skillet over medium-low heat, cook bacon until crisp, about 12 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towels to drain; remove all but 1 tablespoon fat from the skillet. Crumble bacon.
- While bacon is cooking, prepare pasta according to package directions, drain and keep warm.
- Add shallots to skillet; cook 3 minutes, until translucent. Add garlic and cook 1 minute more. Stir in wine and cook until reduced by half, about 3 minutes. Add mascarpone, salt and pepper. Stir until cheese is melted, about 2 minutes.
- Mix in milk and parsley; cook 1 minute to heat through. Add pasta and bacon to skillet; mix gently. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Divide on six plates and serve immediately.
Whether you’re feeding a family or cooking for one, you can update the serving settings above to reveal the required amount of ingredients.