Grand Marnier Pots de Crème Recipe
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Phase: Phase 2
4 large Egg Yolk
2 large Egg (Whole)
8 individual packet Sucralose Based Sweetener (Sugar Substitute)
0 1/8 tsp Salt
3 cup Heavy Cream
3 tsp Orange Zest
2 fl oz (no ice) Brandy
- Heat oven to 350°F. Place custard cups in baking pan (at least 1 apart); set aside. Bring about 6 cups of water to a boil.
- In a medium bowl whisk yolks, eggs, sugar substitute and salt until slightly thickened.
- In medium saucepan over medium-high heat, heat heavy cream and orange zest three minutes until mixture just comes to a boil. Pour cream mixture into egg mixture, whisking constantly.
- Whisk in Grand Marnier and orange oil (use 1/2 tsp if available instead of the orange zest). Pour through a strainer into cups, dividing evenly. Cover cups with a sheet of aluminum foil. Place baking pan on shelf in oven. Pour in enough boiling water to reach half way up sides of custard cups.
- Bake 20 minutes until custards are set in the middle. Carefully transfer cups to a wire rack to cool to room temperature, then chill in the refrigerator at least 3 hours.
We love the idea of customizing this recipe to make it your own! If you add any ingredients, just be sure to keep an eye on net carbs.