Earl Grey Tea and Chocolate Pots de Crème Recipe
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
Phase: Phase 1
1 1/2 oz Unsweetened Baking Chocolate Squares
1 cup Heavy Cream
0 2/3 cup Tap Water
3 tea bag Tea Bags
4 large Egg Yolk
5 tbsp Sucralose Based Sweetener (Sugar Substitute)
- Heat oven to 325°F. Place chocolate in a small bowl.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring cream and water to a simmer. Remove from heat.
- Pour just enough cream mixture over chocolate to cover (about ½ cup). Add Earl Grey tea bags to remaining cream mixture in saucepan and let steep 10 minutes. Squeeze tea bags over mixture and remove.
- Whisk chocolate mixture until smooth. Whisk egg yolks and sugar substitute into the warm cream mixture in saucepan until well mixed, then whisk in the chocolate until smooth. Pour mixture through a strainer into four 4-ounce ramekins or custard cups.
- Place cups in a large roasting pan. Place roasting pan in oven and carefully pour boiling water into pan until water comes halfway up sides of cups. Cover entire pan with foil and bake 33-35 minutes, until custards are set but slightly jiggly in center.
- Let stand in pan at room temperature 15 minutes. Remove cups, cover with plastic wrap (stretch wrap over edges of cup so wrap does not touch custard) and refrigerate until cold. Serve topped with a dollop of whipped cream, if desired.
We love the idea of customizing this recipe to make it your own! If you add any ingredients, just be sure to keep an eye on net carbs.