Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
Cook Time: 50 Minutes
Phase: Phase 3
8 Atkins Pie Crust
1 small Onions
1 medium Carrots
2 stalk, medium (7-1/2" - 8" long) Celery
24 oz raw Chicken Breast
0 2/3 cup Chicken Broth, Bouillon or Consomme
0 1/2 tsp Fennel Seed
0 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
2 Tbsp Thick-It-Up
2 tbsp Parsley
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Dice the onion, carrot and celery.
- Place chicken, broth, yellow onion, carrot, celery and fennel seeds in a medium saucepot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender. Strain stock into a small saucepan.
- Mix in cream; bring to a boil. Stir in thickener; cook 2 minutes until mixture thickens. Pour sauce over chicken and vegetables; stir to coat. Mix in parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon chicken mixture into a 9-inch diameter dish pie plate. Lay dough over filling; press down edges with tines of a fork to adhere to pie plate rim.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, until crust is golden and baked through (Cover edges of dough with aluminum foil if browning too quickly). Makes 6 servings.
We love the idea of customizing this recipe to make it your own! If you add any ingredients, just be sure to keep an eye on net carbs.