Keto Baked Meatball Recipe
Cook Time: 35 Minutes
Phase: Phase 1
1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
0 1/2 large Scallions or Spring Onions
1 1/2 tsp Garlic
16 oz Ground Beef Round (10% fat)
0 1/2 lb Ground Pork
0 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese (Grated)
2 large Egg (Whole)
0 1/2 tsp Salt
0 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
If possible, have the butcher grind together the different meats. Be sure to wash your hands thoroughly after handling raw pork.
- Heat oven to 375°F. Thinly slice the onion and mince the garlic.
- In a small skillet over medium-low heat, warm oil and cook onion and garlic for about 1 minute stirring frequently, until softened and aromatic.
- Transfer to a bowl and mix in ground meats, cheese, eggs, salt, and pepper. Roll into golf ball-size meatballs, about 2 3/4 tablespoons each (or 16 meatballs for 4 servings). Place on a jelly roll pan. These may also be baked as larger or smaller meatballs depending on your use. For example these may be baked as smaller meatballs and served as cocktail meatballs as an appetizer for a party. Just consider baking them less if smaller or for longer if larger than the golf ball size.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, until browned and cooked to an internal temperature of 160°F. Each serving is 4 meatballs (made from about 2 3/4 tablespoons meat mixture each).
- This basic meatball recipe is adaptable to a variety of different sauce options. Consider one of the following:Basic Tomato Sauce (1/2 cup= 6.8 net carbs)
- Romesco Sauce (1 serving= 2.3 net carbs)
- Basil Pesto (1/4 cup= 2 net carbs)
- Teriyaki Glaze (1 tablespoon= 0.9 net carbs)
- Sweet Ginger Chili Sauce (1 ½ tablespoons= 1.5 net carbs)
- Ginger, Soy and Sesame Dipping Sauce (4 teaspoons= 0.6 net carbs)
- Chili-Barbecue Sauce (1/4 cup= 3.1 net carbs)
- Barbecue Sauce (2 tablespoons= 3.9 net carbs)
If you don't have these specific ground meats, you can make this baked meatball recipe with lean ground beef.