Atkins Cuisine Waffles
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Phase: Phase 2
- 1 individual packet Sucralose Based Sweetener (Sugar Substitute)
- 1 large Egg (Whole)
- 2 tsp Baking Powder (Straight Phosphate, Double Acting)
- 0.25 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Cream (Half & Half)
- 3 serving All Purpose Low-Carb Baking Mix
DIRECTIONSUse the Atkins recipe to make All Purpose Low-Carb Baking Mix for this recipe. This recipe makes 5 waffles. Assuming your waffle iron makes 4 servings, use four-fifths of the batter and then make a single waffle with the remaining batter. Freeze extra waffles and just pop in the toaster before serving.
- In a large bowl, blend together 1 cup baking mix, baking powder, sugar substitute and salt.
- In another large bowl, mix the half-and-half and beaten egg.
- Add dry ingredients to the liquid ingredients and whisk batter until any lumps are removed. Don't overbeat.
- Let the mixture sit for at least 5 minutes to activate the baking powder.
- Heat the waffle iron and pour the batter in the center of the waffle iron.
- Close the top and cook waffles for about 1 1 1/2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Repeat with last waffle.