Maehing's Chicken Eggplant Casserole
Cook Time: 35 Minutes
Phase: Phase 2
- 3 Lb) Eggplant
- 0.75 Cup Salt
- 0.33 Cup Parmesan Cheese (Grated)
- 1 Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 4 Long) Scallions or Spring Onions
- 0.33 Cup Cilantro (Coriander)
- 3 Large Egg (Whole)
- 3 Tbsp Unsalted Butter Stick
- 3 Tbsp Sour Cream (Cultured)
- 1.5 Lb Chicken Breast Meat (Broilers or Fryers)
- 0.5 Tsp Paprika
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9x13-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Cook eggplant, partially covered, in lightly salted boiling water 15 minutes, until tender. Drain and pat dry.
- In the bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade (or with a 4 sided box grater), process bread until fine crumbs form. Add Parmesan cheese, pulse to combine.
- In a large bowl, lightly mash eggplant. Mix in half the breadcrumb mixture, Cheddar cheese, green onions, cilantro, eggs, butter, sour cream, salt and pepper. Fold in diced chicken.
- Transfer mixture to prepared pan. Smooth top with a spatula. Sprinkle with remaining breadcrumb mixture and paprika. Bake 35 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.