Maehing's Chicken Eggplant Casserole Recipe
Cook Time: 35 Minutes
Phase: Phase 3
2 Atkins Low Carb Wheat Bread
3 eggplant, peeled (yield from 1-1/4 lb) Eggplant
0 3/4 tsp Salt
0 1/3 cup Parmesan Cheese (Grated)
1 cup, shredded Cheddar Cheese
4 medium (4-1/8" long) Scallions or Spring Onions
0 1/3 cup Cilantro (Coriander)
3 large Egg (Whole)
3 tablespoon Unsalted Butter Stick
3 tbsp Sour Cream (Cultured)
24 oz, boneless, cooked Chicken Breast
0 1/2 tsp Paprika
DIRECTIONSUse the Atkins recipe to make Atkins Low Carb Wheat Bread, you will need 2 slices. Toast the bread and then place in a food processor to make bread crumbs to use in #4 and 5 below.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9x13-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Cook eggplant, partially covered, in lightly salted boiling water 15 minutes, until tender. Drain and pat dry. Dice chicken and set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade (or with a 4 sided box grater), process bread until fine crumbs form. Add Parmesan cheese, pulse to combine.
- In a large bowl, lightly mash eggplant. Mix in half the breadcrumb mixture, Cheddar cheese, green onions, cilantro, eggs, butter, sour cream, salt and pepper. Fold in diced chicken.
- Transfer mixture to prepared pan. Smooth top with a spatula. Sprinkle with remaining breadcrumb mixture and paprika. Bake 35 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Whether you’re feeding a family or cooking for one, you can update the serving settings above to reveal the required amount of ingredients.