The Program: Phase 2
How to do Phase 2 Right / Troubleshooting
Here’s how to succeed on Phase 2 as you proceed up the Carb Ladder.
- Continue to consume a minimum of 12–15 daily grams of Net Carbs as foundation vegetables. Also continue to avoid foods with added sugar, have eight glasses of water or other acceptable fluids each day, and go no longer than three or four hours between meals or snacks, spreading out your carb intake across the day.
- Reintroduce food groups one by one, following the Carb Ladder. Depending on your metabolism and weight-loss goal, this may be at weekly intervals, every couple of weeks, or even longer.
- Add back carb foods within each rung of the ladder one by one as well. For example, reintroduce walnuts but gauge their impact, if any, before reintroducing almonds.
- Increase your overall daily Net Carb intake in 5-gram increments at weekly, biweekly, or even monthly intervals, whichever works best for you.
- Continue to weigh and measure yourself weekly.
- Are you done with "diets"? Ready for a permanent
lifestyle change? Lose weight quickly, and keep it off
- The New Atkins Made Easy--A faster, simpler way to shed
weight and feel great--starting today. Learn More!
- Save today with a $3 Off Rebate: Click Here!
Disclaimer: Nothing contained on this Site is intended to provide health care advice. Should you have any health care-related questions, please call or see your physician or other health care provider. Consult your physician or health care provider before beginning the Atkins Diet as you would any other weight loss or weight maintenance program. The weight loss phases of the Atkins Diet should not be used by persons on dialysis or by pregnant or nursing women.