Pumpkin Pie with Pecan Crust Recipe
Cook Time: 44 Minutes
Phase: Phase 3
2 Atkins Flour Mix
0 1/3 cup 100% Stone Ground Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
0 1/2 cup, chopped Pecan Nuts
1 cup Sucralose Based Sweetener (Sugar Substitute)
6 tablespoon Unsalted Butter Stick
1 fl oz Tap Water
15 oz Pumpkin (Without Salt, Canned)
1 tsp Cinnamon
0 3/4 tsp Ginger (Ground)
0 1/4 tsp Cloves (Ground)
0 1/4 tsp Salt
2 large Egg (Whole)
1 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
DIRECTIONSUse the Atkins recipe to make Atkins Flour Mix for this recipe. 1 serving =1/3 cup so you will need 2/3 cup.
- Heat oven to 425ºF.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, 2/3 cup baking mix, pecans (chop finely) and 1/4 cup sugar substitute. Cut in butter with a pastry blender or two knives until butter pieces are about the size of peas. Add the ice water; stir to combine.
- Transfer crust mixture to a 9-inch pie plate. Press along bottom and sides of pie plate to form a crust. Place in freezer to harden, about 15 minutes.
- Cover crust with aluminum foil and bake 15 minutes; remove from oven and take off foil. Reduce oven to 375ºF.
- In a bowl, whisk pumpkin purée, 3/4 cup sugar substitute, ground cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and salt to combine. Mix in eggs, one at a time. Add heavy cream and mix well.
- Pour filling into partially baked pie crust. Cover crust edge with aluminum foil. Bake 40 minutes, or until filling is set but still a little jiggly in the middle. Cook on a wire rack. Makes 8 servings.
We love the idea of customizing this recipe to make it your own! If you add any ingredients, just be sure to keep an eye on net carbs.