Keto Eggs Benedict on Zucchini Fritters Recipe
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
Phase: Phase 1
2 Tbsp COCONUT FLOUR Whole Foods Market, Inc.
0 1/2 cup(s) Mozzarella cheese, shredded, whole milk (1 cup= 113 g)
14 each EGG Just, Inc.
0 1/2 tsp BAKING POWDER Hulman & Company
0 1/4 tsp SALT Morton Salt, Inc.
1 each Zucchini, Large (323g each)
1 each Garlic, clove
12 slices CANADIAN BACON Land O'Frost, Inc.
2 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese, grated
0 1/3 cup CANOLA OIL Topco Associates, Inc.
2 Tbsp Chives, chopped
DIRECTIONSYou will need 6 servings (3/4 cup) of Keto Hollandaise Sauce for this recipe. To warm the hollandaise, microwave in 10 second increments, stirring between each, until just warm.
- Grate the zucchini using the large holes of a box grater. Combine with salt, and place in a colander to drain for 30 minutes. Use a clean kitchen towel to squeeze additional liquid out of the zucchini.
- In a medium bowl, toss the zucchini shreds, shredded mozzarella, coconut flour, parmesan cheese, baking powder, and minced or pressed garlic until evenly combined.
- Use a fork to lightly whisk 2 eggs, add to the zucchini and stir until combined. Form into 12 patties of approximately 1/8 cup batter each.
- In a 10-inch non-stick skillet warm 1/3 cup canola oil over medium heat until shimmering. Working in batches, fry zucchini patties in a single layer for 2-3 minutes per side, or until evenly golden with darker, crispy edges. Drain on a paper towel lined plate. Place in an oven safe container and keep warm in a 200° oven until ready to assemble.
- Wipe out the skillet with a paper towel, and place over medium heat. Warm Canadian bacon slices in a single layer until warmed through and just starting to brown, about 3 minutes per side. Place in the warm oven with the zucchini fritters.
- To poach the eggs, wipe out the skillet and fill with 1- 1 ½ -inches of water. Heat over medium high heat until boiling, then reduce heat to medium. Gently add 6 cracked eggs into the water one at a time with space between them. Turn down the heat if the water starts to boil, and poach the eggs for about 3 minutes, until the whites are cooked but the yolks are runny. Use a slotted spoon to remove the poached eggs from the water and repeat with the remaining 6 eggs while you begin to assemble the benedicts.
- To assemble the benedicts, place two zucchini fritters on a plate. Top each with a slice of Canadian bacon, a poached egg, and one tablespoon hollandaise sauce. Sprinkle the whole plate with 1 teaspoon chopped chives and repeat to end with 6 plates, each with two zucchini fritters benedicts. Serve warm. One plate (as described above) is one serving.
Plan ahead and save time! Make the hollandaise sauce and zucchini fritters in advance. Warm the fritters in a single layer on a sheet pan in a 350° oven for 10 minutes or until warmed through. Warm the hollandaise in the microwave. Then you just need to warm the Canadian bacon, poach the eggs and assemble the benedicts for a delicious brunch!