Cardamom Butter Cookies Recipe
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Phase: Phase 3
1 1/2 Atkins Soy-Free Flour Mix
0 1/2 cup Blanched Almond Flour
0 1/4 tsp Baking Powder (Straight Phosphate, Double Acting)
0 1/2 tsp Salt
10 tablespoon Unsalted Butter Stick
0 1/2 cup Sucralose Based Sweetener (Sugar Substitute)
1 large Egg (Whole)
1 tbsp Tap Water
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
0 3/4 tsp, ground Cardamom
1 tsp confectioners erythritol sweetener
8 tsp tap water
0 1/8 tsp cardamom, ground
Please use the Atkins recipe for Atkins Soy-Free Flour Mix sweet version with vanilla whey protein for this recipe. For this recipe you will need 1 1/2 cups of the mix (1 1/2 servings, or half a recipe). If you change the serving size for the recipe to up or downsize it you will need to adjust accordingly.
- Combine Atkins Soy-Free Flour Mix, almond flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
- In the large bowl of a stand mixer, cream together room temperature butter and sugar substitute until light and fluffy. Add room temperature egg, water, vanilla, and ¾ teaspoon cardamom; beat on medium speed until combined, scraping down sides of bowl as necessary (mixture may look watery). Add flour mixture a little bit at a time mixing on low speed until dough comes together.
- Wrap dough in parchment paper, place in a resealable bag and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll dough out between parchment to ¼-inch thick; use small cookie cutters or a sharp knife to cut out shapes. If the dough is too sticky, or is not holding the shapes well, place rolled out dough in the freezer for 10 minutes and try again. You should have about 50 (9-ounce raw dough each) cookies. Bake for 10 minutes, or until bottoms are golden, watching closely in the last few minutes to ensure they do not burn. Cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- While the cookies are cooling, in a small bowl combine the confectioners erythritol, 8 teaspoons water and 1/8 teaspoon cardamom with a fork until a paste forms. Drizzle cooled cookies evenly with icing and allow to dry before storing.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week. Two cookies (or 14 g cooked dough) is one serving.
Find this recipe and more in the New Atkins For a New You Cookbook!
We love the idea of customizing this recipe to make it your own! If you add any ingredients, just be sure to keep an eye on net carbs.