Keto Yellow Squash and Gruyere Frittata Recipe
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Phase: Phase 1
2 Tbsp butter, unsalted
1 cup fresh yellow summer squash, sliced
2 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped leaves
10 lrg raw egg
0 1/4 cup tap water
0 1/2 tsp table salt
0 3/4 cup gruyere cheese, shredded
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a 12-inch nonstick ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add squash and sauté 8 minutes; stir in basil. Cook until tender and browned in spots, 1-2 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, arrange oven rack 6 inches from heat source; heat broiler.
- Whisk eggs, water and salt together in a bowl.
- Melt remaining tablespoon butter in skillet; pour eggs over squash. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook until set on bottom and edges but top is still loose, about 3 minutes. Uncover, and sprinkle cheese evenly over top.
- Broil frittata until just set, about 1 minute. Cut in wedges to serve.
Whether you’re feeding a family or cooking for one, you can update the serving settings above to reveal the required amount of ingredients.