Thai Basil Chicken Stir Fry Recipe
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
Phase: Phase 1
1 medium (4-1/8" long) Young Green Onions
0 1/4 oz Basil
1 clove Garlic
12 oz raw Chicken Breast
0 1/2 tbsp Fish Sauce
1 tbsp Organic Tamari
1 teaspoon Sucralose Based Sweetener (Sugar Substitute)
0 1/4 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
1 medium (approx 2-3/4" long, 2-1/2" dia) Bell Peppers
6 oz Broccoli
2 1/3 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- Cut the green onion into ¼-inch pieces on a bias; set aside. Remove the basil leaves from the stems and roughly chop the basil; set aside. Finely chop the garlic; set aside. Remove the stem, pith and seeds from the red bell pepper and discard. Cut the bell pepper into ½-inch pieces; set aside.
- Pat dry the chicken breasts with paper towels and cut into ¼-inch strips. In a medium bowl, combine the fish sauce, tamari sauce, 2 tablespoons of water and 1 teaspoon of Splenda; stir to combine. Remove HALF of the marinade from the bowl and reserve for step 5. Add the chicken to the medium bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let the chicken marinate in the refrigerator for ready to use.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of peanut oil/ canola oil in a large non-stick sauté pan over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot (but not smoking) add the green onions and stir-fry for 30 seconds, until softened. Add the garlic and red chili flakes and stir-fry for 10 more seconds.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and discard marinade. Add to the onion mixture and stir-fry until the chicken is almost cooked through, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and place on a plate. Coat the same pan with 1 teaspoon of peanut oil/ canola oil; set over medium-high heat. When hot, add the red bell peppers and broccoli. Cook, stirring occasionally, until broccoli is crisp-tender about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring the reserved marinade to a boil in a small saucepot over high heat. Boil for 1 minute, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 2 more minutes. Set aside Return the chicken mixture to the pan with the vegetables and gently fold in the cooked marinade. Remove from heat and stir in HALF of the basil.
- Divide the stir-fry between two bowls, garnish with the remaining basil and enjoy!
Whether you’re feeding a family or cooking for one, you can update the serving settings above to reveal the required amount of ingredients.