Strawberries and Cream Cupcakes Recipe
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Phase: Phase 2
7 oz Unsalted Butter Stick
0 1/4 cup Xylitol
3 large Egg (Whole)
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
0 1/3 cup Organic High Fiber Coconut Flour
0 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
1 1/2 fl oz Tap Water
1 cup Almond Meal Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder (Straight Phosphate, Double Acting)
0 1/4 tsp Salt
8 oz Cream Cheese
0 1/2 cup Sucralose Based Sweetener (Sugar Substitute)
2 tbsp Sugar Free Strawberry Jam
10 small (1" dia) Strawberries
DIRECTIONSXylitol usually comes in granular form. Please measure first and then powder in a blender before using in this recipe. You may substitute granular sucralose 1:1 for the xylitol in the cupcakes but please add 0.6g NC per serving to the total g NC.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a muffin tin with 10 paper or foil liners. Beat 1/3 cup (about 3oz) softened butter and the powdered xylitol until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add one egg at a time until incorporated, then the vanilla.
- Add the coconut flour and blend until incorporated. Add the heavy cream and water and continue to blend until smooth.
- Combine the almond flour, baking powder and 1/4 tsp salt. Add to the egg mixture forming a thickened batter.
- Divide equally into the 10 muffin liners and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown on top and baked through. Allow to cool.
- Beat 1/2 cup (about 4 oz) butter, cream cheese and a dash of salt for about 2 minutes. Add the sucralose and 2 tablespoons sugar-free strawberry jam. 2-3 drops of red food coloring may be added for a pinker color.
- Using a piping bag and fancy tip or simply a quart-sized plastic bag with a corner cut off, pipe the frosting onto the cupcakes and garnish with a strawberry.
- The cupcakes can be kept in an airtight container refrigerated for up to one week. Serve at room temperature.
We love the idea of customizing this recipe to make it your own! If you add any ingredients, just be sure to keep an eye on net carbs.