Keto Spice-Roasted Cornish Game Hens Recipe
Cook Time: 60 Minutes
Phase: Phase 1
4 tsp Garlic
3 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 Tbsp Ginger
2 tsp Orange Peel
2 tsp Paprika
1 1/2 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Coriander Seed
1 tsp Fennel Seed
0 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp Salt
0 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
6 bird whole Chicken Meat (Cornish Game Hens)
- Heat oven to 400°F. Set a wire rack on a large, rimmed baking sheet and lightly coat with oil.
- Combine the garlic, oil, ginger, orange zest, paprika, cumin, coriander, fennel seeds, cinnamon, salt and pepper in a bowl; mix well to form a paste.
- With your fingertips, loosen the skin over the breasts and legs of the hens. Rub three-quarters of the spice paste under the skin over the breasts and legs.
- Rub the remaining paste on the skin of the hens. Tuck the wing tips under the birds and tie the legs with kitchen string. Place hens on rack.
- Roast the hens for 45 minutes. Baste occasionally and cook until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh registers 165°F, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- If desired, garnish with olives, orange slices and parsley.
Whether you’re feeding a family or cooking for one, you can update the serving settings above to reveal the required amount of ingredients.