Sausage-Sage Stuffing Recipe
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
Phase: Phase 3
0 1/2 cup PARSLEY
1 1/2 cup chopped CELERY
1 14.5 oz can Chicken Broth, Bouillon or Consomme
6 tablespoon Salted Butter Stick
2 lb GROUND PORK
3 large Egg (Whole)
0 1/2 tsp SALT
4 tsp Sage (Ground)
1 tsp Fennel Seed
1 medium (2-1/2" dia) Onions
DIRECTIONSUse the Atkins recipe to make Atkins Low Carb Wheat Bread; you will need 8 slices that are toasted and cubed.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Cut bread into 1/2-inch cubes; transfer to a large bowl.
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, brown pork with salt and fennel seeds; drain. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Wipe out pan, melt 3 tablespoons butter, add diced celery and diced white onion. Cook 5 minutes until vegetables are softened; stir in sage; cook 2 minute more. Add chicken broth; stir well. Pour vegetable mixture over bread cubes, toss gently.
- Add pork, eggs and parsley. Toss gently to combine. Stuffing should be moist. Transfer to a buttered casserole. Dot top of stuffing with remaining 3 tablespoons butter.
- Bake 40 minutes, turning once halfway through baking time.
Whether you’re feeding a family or cooking for one, you can update the serving settings above to reveal the required amount of ingredients.