Red, White and Blue Dessert Stars Recipe
Cook Time: 0 Minutes
Phase: Phase 2
5 package (1 oz) Gelatin Powder (Unsweetened)
1 cup Red Raspberries
10 tbsp Xylitol
0 7/48 pinch Stevia
1 cup Fresh Blueberries
1 cup Heavy Cream
8 oz Cream Cheese
6 tsp Lemon Zest
DIRECTIONSNote: The quantity of gelatin can be increased by 1-2 teaspoons in each layer of this recipe if a firmer texture is desired. Follow all other directions as written.
- Bloom 4 1/2 teaspoons (2 packets) gelatin in 1 cup cool water for 1 minute. Add 1 1/2 cups boiling water and stir to dissolve gelatin. Set aside.
- Puree raspberries with 4 tablespoons xylitol and a pinch of stevia. Add 1/2 cup of water and strain out the seeds (optional); add additional red food coloring if desired. Combine with the gelatin mixture and pour into a 9x13-inch cake pan and put in the refrigerator until set; about 1 hour.
- Bloom 2 1/4 teaspoons (1 packet) gelatin in 1/2 cup cool water for 1 minute. Add 1/2 cup boiling water and stir to dissolve gelatin. Add the lemon zest and set aside. Using a blender beat the cream cheese and 2 tablespoons xylitol in a medium bowl until fluffy. Slowly add the gelatin mixture and continue to beat until smooth. Add 1 tsp lemon extract (optional) and set aside.
- Whip the cream into stiff peaks adding a pinch of stevia. Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture until well blended. Pour over the raspberry gelatin layer and put back in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 for the blueberries. Add additional blue food coloring if desired. Pour this over the cream cheese layer and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Using a cookie cutter, cut out the shapes desired or simply cut into 12 equal portions; garnish with additional berries if desired. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve. Can be made up to 3 days ahead. Refrigerate leftovers for up to one week.
We love the idea of customizing this recipe to make it your own! If you add any ingredients, just be sure to keep an eye on net carbs.