Keto Oven-Fried Chicken Recipe
Cook Time: 60 Minutes
Phase: Phase 1
1 tbsp Salt
5 cup (8 fl oz) Water
64 oz, with bone, raw (yield after cooking, bone removed) Chicken
2 tablespoon Unsalted Butter Stick
0 1/2 cup Whole Grain Soy Flour
0 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese (Grated)
1 tsp Paprika
0 1/4 tsp Red or Cayenne Pepper
- In an 8-quart stockpot, combine 1 tablespoon salt and 2 cups hot water; stir to dissolve salt. Add chicken pieces to pot. Add the remaining water to 1 quart of ice cubes and add to the pot. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour. Drain off water. Using paper towels, pat chicken pieces until completely dry.
- Adjust oven rack to lowest position in oven. Heat oven to 400°F. Brush a jelly-roll pan (not Teflon-lined) with melted butter; set aside.
- In a 1-gallon resealable freezer bag, combine soy flour, Parmesan, paprika and cayenne. Shake well to combine.
- Add chicken, 1 piece at a time, and shake vigorously until thoroughly coated. Remove from bag, shaking off excess coating mix, and place chicken pieces skin-side down on prepared pan. Reserve leftover coating mix.
- Bake chicken until golden brown and crisp on bottom, about 50 minutes. Remove from oven. Carefully tilt pan and spoon some melted butter over top of chicken pieces.
- Using a thin spatula, loosen chicken pieces from pan and turn skin-side up. (For extra crispy chicken, sprinkle 2 tablespoons of the reserved coating mix over chicken and spoon butter over top.) Bake chicken until browned on bottom, about 10 minutes more.
- Using a spatula, transfer chicken to a platter lined with paper towels to drain. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Serve hot, cold or at room temperature.
Whether you’re feeding a family or cooking for one, you can update the serving settings above to reveal the required amount of ingredients.