Keto Muffin in a Minute Recipe
Cook Time: 1 Minutes
Phase: Phase 1
0 1/2 tsp BAKING POWDER
0 2/3 Tbsp Butter, salted or unsalted
0 1/4 cup Flax Seed Meal
1 large Egg (Whole)
1 1/2 teaspoon (3.5g) truvia
1 tsp CINNAMON
- Mix the flax meal, sugar substitute, cinnamon, and baking powder in a microwave safe coffee mug, single-serving soufflé dish, or bowl.
- Add the egg and melted butter (or oil) to the cup and mix well with the dry ingredients.
- Microwave 1 minute or more, until firm.
- Turn out and serve with butter or cream cheese. Or toast before applying spread. Makes 1 serving.
Variations (inspired by customer reviews):
- Savory: ¼ cup flax meal, ½ teaspoon baking powder, ½ teaspoon rosemary, ¼ teaspoon garlic powder, ¼ teaspoon salt, 1 egg, 1 teaspoon olive oil. Net carbs: 1.42
- Nutmeg & Allspice (tasters favorite): ¼ cup flax meal, 1 ½ teaspoons truvia, ½ teaspoon baking powder, ¼ teaspoon nutmeg, ¼ teaspoon allspice, 1 egg, 2 teaspoons melted butter, ½ teaspoon vanilla extract. Net carbs: 1.56
- Pumpkin Spice: 2 tablespoons flax meal, 1 tablespoon chia seeds, 1 ½ teaspoons truvia, 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, ½ teaspoon baking powder, 1 egg, 2 tablespoons canned pumpkin, 2 teaspoons melted butter, ½ teaspoon vanilla extract. Microwave for at least 1 ½ minutes. Net carbs: 4.09
Every microwave is different, you may need to increase or decrease the time by 5-10 seconds. Remove this naturally keto and low carb muffin from the mug immediately so it doesn't stick!