Low Carb Pigs in a Blanket
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Phase: Phase 2
1 3/4 cup, shredded Mozzarella Cheese, whole milk
3 Tbsp Cream Cheese, original
2 each Egg
0 1/3 cup Coconut Flour
35 links Beef Lit'l Smokies, mini smoked sausages
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a microwave safe bowl, microwave the shredded cheese and cream cheese for 45 seconds. Stir and microwave for another 45 seconds, until melted and bubbling around the edges.
- In a medium bowl while the cheese is melting, combine the eggs and coconut flour with a fork until all the flour is incorporated. Add the melted cheeses and with well-oiled or gloved hands kneed together the cheese and egg mixtures until even in texture and well combined.
- Measure out a scant ½ tablespoon dough, drop onto a piece of parchment paper and use fingers to form into a 1-inch by 3-inch rectangle no more than ¼-inch thick. Place one link of sausage at one end of the dough and roll the sausage in the dough, pinching the ends together. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat for each link of sausage.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes, or until the dough is browned on top and the links are bubbling. Serve with grainy mustard if desired. Five blanketed pigs are one serving.
If desired, add 1 teaspoon everything bagel seasoning to the tops of the blanketed pigs in step 4, and consider serving with mustard, ranch, or blue cheese dressing if desired. Just be sure to count the net carbs for the dips.This recipe uses a version of Fat Head dough inspired by WholesomeYum.com