Low Carb Pigs in a Blanket
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Phase: Phase 2
1 3/4 Mozzarella Cheese, whole milk
35 Beef Lit'l Smokies, mini smoked sausages
0 1/3 COCONUT FLOUR
3 CREAM CHEESE, ORIGINAL
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a microwave safe bowl, microwave the shredded cheese and cream cheese for 45 seconds. Stir and microwave for another 45 seconds, until melted and bubbling around the edges.
- In a medium bowl while the cheese is melting, combine the eggs and coconut flour with a fork until all the flour is incorporated. Add the melted cheeses and with well-oiled or gloved hands kneed together the cheese and egg mixtures until even in texture and well combined.
- Measure out a scant ½ tablespoon dough, drop onto a piece of parchment paper and use fingers to form into a 1-inch by 3-inch rectangle no more than ¼-inch thick. Place one link of sausage at one end of the dough and roll the sausage in the dough, pinching the ends together. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat for each link of sausage.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes, or until the dough is browned on top and the links are bubbling. Serve with grainy mustard if desired. Five blanketed pigs are one serving.
This recipe uses a version of Fat Head dough inspired by <a href="https://www.wholesomeyum.com/recipes/fathead-pizza-crust-low-carb-keto-gluten-free-nut-free/">WholesomeYum.com</a>