Keto Corned Beef Hash Recipe
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Phase: Phase 1
2 cup, cubes Turnips
16 oz Corned Beef Brisket (Cured)
0 1/2 cup, chopped Onions
0 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- Bring a medium saucepan filled 2/3 full of water to a boil over high heat.
- Cut the turnips into 1/4- inch cubes (this should be about 2 cups if using 2 medium-large turnips). Salt the boiling water and add the turnips. Return to a boil and reduce the heat to medium high. Cook for 10 minutes, or until the turnips are tender. Strain and let the turnips dry out while you complete the next step.
- Cut the corned beef into 1/4-inch cubes and dice the onion. Place the corned beef, onion, turnips and cream in a medium bowl and gently toss until evenly distributed and coated.
- Warm a medium sized non-stick skillet over medium heat for 1 minute. Pour in the corned beef mixture and cook until the bottom begins to brown and the cream is almost cooked off, about 10 minutes.
- Flip the hash in sections to brown the other side, about 10 more minutes. Serve topped with a poached egg if desired (adds 0.4 NC to each serving).
Canned or thawed from frozen turnips can be used for this recipe. In this case, start with instruction number 3.
Each serving is just shy of 1 cup
Try changing up this dish by adding asparagus, green beans, or even rutabaga to this naturally keto and low carb recipe!