Keto Fresh Salmon Cakes with Avocado Tartar Sauce Recipe
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Phase: Phase 1
0 1/2 medium (approx 2-3/4" long, 2-1/2" dia) Red Sweet Pepper
2 stalk, medium (7-1/2" - 8" long) Celery
16 oz, boneless, raw Salmon
1 tsp Original Stone Ground Mustard
5 tbsp Real Mayonnaise
1 tbsp, drained Capers
0 1/4 cup Parsley
1 large Egg (Whole)
2 tsp Old Bay Seasoning Salt
1 fruit without skin and seeds California Avocados
1 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
0 29/48 tsp fresh Dill
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Prepare a baking sheet with a small amount of oil in 4 spots about 6 inches apart. Set aside.
- Coarsely chop the red pepper and celery. Remove skin from salmon if skin is intact and chop into 4-inch pieces. Place all into a food processor. A food processor is not required, just be sure to finely chop all ingredients before combining (including the capers and parsley below).
- Add the mustard, 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, capers, parsley, egg and Old Bay seasoning. Pulse 4-5 times just until the salmon is chopped. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Using a 2/3 cup measuring scoop - divide the mixture into 4 equal rounded mounds on the prepared baking sheet.
- Cook for 20 minutes and move to serving plates. Garnish each cake with 2 Tablespoons avocado tartar sauce.
- Avocado Tartar Sauce: combine the avocado, 3 tablespoons mayonnaise, lemon juice and chopped dill in a blender (or mash by hand). Blend until smooth adding salt and black pepper to taste. 2 heaping tablespoons per serving.
Don't pass up on making the avocado tartar sauce. Try spicing it up by replacing half the Old Bay seasoning with 1/8-1/4 tsp ground chipotle pepper.