French Toast Loaf Recipe
Cook Time: 50 Minutes
Phase: Phase 3
1 1/2 tsp Whole Grain Soy Flour
0 3/4 cup Whole Grain Wheat Flour
1 1/4 cup Sucralose Based Sweetener (Sugar Substitute)
1 1/2 tbsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Baking Soda
6 large Egg (Whole)
1 cup Buttermilk (Reduced Fat, Cultured)
1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
0 1/4 tsp Cream Of Tartar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8x4 loaf pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk soy flour, whole wheat flour, sugar substitute, cinnamon, salt and baking soda. Separate eggs; place the yolks in a medium bowls and the whites into the bowl of an electric mixer. Set aside.
- Into the bowl with the egg yolks add the buttermilk and vanilla. Pour into dry ingredients and using an electric mixer on low speed, beat until smooth.
- Beat the egg whites and cream of tartar with an electric mixer on high speed until medium peaks form, about 4 minutes. Using a rubber spatula, fold whites into batter in three additions. Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth top.
- Bake 45-50 minutes until golden and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Invert pan, remove loaf and cut into 10 slices. Serve with warm sugar free maple syrup or fruit preserves.
We love the idea of customizing this recipe to make it your own! If you add any ingredients, just be sure to keep an eye on net carbs.