Flank Steaks with Smoky Cilantro Sauce and Zucchini Recipe
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
Phase: Phase 1
0 1/4 oz Cilantro (Coriander)
1 clove Garlic
2 medium Zucchini
2 tbsp Tomato Paste
0 1/2 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
0 1/2 tsp Cumin
2 serving Spanish Paprika
1 each Chipotle en Adobo, whole
0 1/2 individual packet Sucralose Based Sweetener (Sugar Substitute)
14 oz Beef Flank (Lean Only, Trimmed to 0" Fat, Choice Grade)
3 tablespoon Olive Oil
0 1/2 tsp Salt
0 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- Remove the stems from the cilantro leaves and discard stems. Finely chop the cilantro and garlic, set aside. Slice the zucchini into rounds; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add the tomato paste, vinegar, cumin, paprika, chipotle, cilantro, garlic and only HALF of the sucralose packet. Slowly whisk in 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Pat dry flank steak with paper towels and season with a pinch of each salt and pepper. Spray a medium non-stick sauté pan with 1 coat of cooking oil and place the sauté pan over medium-high heat. -- When the pan is hot, add the flank steak and sear on each for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown. (USDA recommends cooking beef to a minimum 145°F).
- Add the cilantro sauce and continue to cook for another 2 to 4 minutes until the flank steak is cooked through. Remove from heat and slice into ¼-inch slices against the grain.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium- high heat. Slice the zucchini into rounds, season with a pinch of salt and sauté for 3 minutes or until softened and beginning to brown on the edges.
- Serve flank steak over zucchini topped with the pan sauce. Enjoy!
Whether you’re feeding a family or cooking for one, you can update the serving settings above to reveal the required amount of ingredients.