Egg Roll Bowl with Shrimp Recipe
Cook Time: 11 Minutes
Phase: Phase 3
5 cup Kroger Riced Cauliflower, frozen (85g per 3/4 cup)
3 Tbsp Canola Oil
3 Tbsp Sesame Oil
4 tsp Garlic
0 2/3 Tbsp Ginger Root, fresh, grated
6 cups Kroger Coleslaw Bag (cabbage and carrot) (85 g per 2 cups)
1 cup Red Bell Pepper (sliced)
8 Tbsp Scallion (green onion, chopped)
1 teaspoon Chinese Five Spice
4 Tbsp Tamari Soy Sauce
2 tablespoon Mirin, Rice Cooking Wine
16 oz Shrimp, cooked, peeled
1 1/3 Tbsp White Sesame Seeds, raw
Ingredient notes: to help this meal come together quickly, use a “microwave in bag” frozen cauliflower rice, pre-grated ginger paste, pre-minced jarred garlic, and a bagged coleslaw mix. You can also pre-slice the green onions and bell pepper, and place the frozen shrimp to thaw in the refrigerator 8 or more hours in advance to further reduce the time to make this meal.
- Steam the cauliflower in the microwave following package instructions. If your shrimp are frozen, place them in a bowl under cold running water to thaw until they are needed. Prepare the green onions by trimming the root and tips and thinly slicing, and slice the bell pepper.
- While the cauliflower is cooking, warm a large non-stick skillet with a lid over medium heat. Add the oil, swirl to coat the pan, and when it is shimmering, add the garlic and ginger. Sautee until sizzling and fragrant, stirring constantly, about 30 seconds.
- Add the cabbage, bell pepper and onions and continue to sauté stirring frequently until the cabbage just begins to wilt, about 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle on the five spice and stir to incorporate. Add the tamari and mirin to the pan and stir to evenly coat the cabbage. Drain the shrimp, add to the skillet, and toss to evenly distribute. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover with a lid, and allow the shrimp to warm, about 3 minutes.
- Measure about 1 cup of cooked cauliflower rice into the bottom of 4 bowls. Top evenly with the shrimp and cabbage mixture (about 1 cup vegetables and 9-11 large shrimp per serving), drizzling with the pan sauce evenly. Sprinkle each bowl with 1 teaspoon sesame seeds and serve while hot.