Classic Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe
Cook Time: 22 Minutes
Phase: Phase 1
1 cup Unsalted Butter Stick
9 tbsp Xylitol
3 large Egg (Whole)
4 tsp Vanilla Extract
5 fl oz Heavy Cream
3 tbsp Tap Water
2 Tbsp Organic High Fiber Coconut Flour
1 cup Blanched Almond Flour
0 1/3 cup Cocoa Powder (Unsweetened)
0 1/2 tsp Baking Powder (Straight Phosphate, Double Acting)
0 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
0 1/4 tsp Salt
2 oz Unsweetened Baking Chocolate Squares
1 tsp dry Coffee (Instant Powder)
DIRECTIONSThis recipe is suitable for all phases except for the first two weeks of Induction due to the nuts. Xylitol usually comes in granular form and is the preferred sweetener for taste when using chocolate. Please measure first and then powder the xylitol in a blender before using in this recipe.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a muffin tin with 12 paper or foil liners.
- Beat 1/2 cup softened butter with 5 tablespoons xylitol until light and fluffy; about 3 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time until fully incorporated, then add 3 tsp vanilla, 2oz (about 1/4 cup) heavy cream, water and coconut flour. Blend thoroughly.
- In a sepatate bowl whisk to combine the almond flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add to the wet ingredients and beat until smooth and thick. Divide into the muffin liners and bake for 20-25 minutes or until fully cooked, be careful not to over bake or they will be bitter. Allow to cool in the muffin tin for 5 minutes then transfer to a baking rack to cool.
- Melt the chocolate with 3oz (about 6 tablespoons) heavy cream in the microwave at 20 second intervals. Stir and allow to cool completely. Once cooled whisk in 4 tablespoons xylitol. Set aside.
- In a very small bowl stir to combine the 1 tsp vanilla, 1 tsp cocoa powder (optional) and 1 tsp instant coffee. Set aside.
- Transfer cooled chocolate to a medium bowl and beat with the remaining 1/2 cup butter on medium speed until lighter in color and fluffy. Add the reserved vanilla mixture and beat to combine.
- Using a piping bag and fancy tip or simply a quart-sized plastic bag with a corner cut off, pipe the frosting onto the cupcakes. Garnish with an Atkins Endulge Chocolate Peanut Candy if desired.
We love the idea of customizing this recipe to make it your own! If you add any ingredients, just be sure to keep an eye on net carbs.