Chocolate Mousse Mini Cheesecakes Recipe
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Phase: Phase 2
1 1/2 oz Chocolate, baking, unsweetened
1 1/2 oz Lily's Sugar Free Chocolate Chips
16 oz Cream Cheese
0 1/2 cup Sucralose Based Sweetener (Sugar Substitute)
2 ml Liquid Monkfruit Extract (3 drops= 0.2 ml)
3 large Egg (Whole)
0 3/4 cup Heavy Cream
1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
Prep time includes 4 hours to chill. You'll need to bake the cheesecakes in a water bath. If you don't have instant boiling water, begin to boil a pot of water after Step 4. This recipe can be prepared ahead of time; wrap each custard cup tightly in plastic, place in an airtight container and freeze for up to 1 month.
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- Place eight 6-ounce ramekins in a roasting pan; set aside.
- Heat chocolate in the microwave in 30-second increments until fully melted, about 1-2 minutes; set aside to cool slightly.
- In the large bowl of an electric mixer, beat cream cheese on medium speed until lightened, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Add chocolate and beat until combined. Add sugar substitutes, beating until combined.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add cream and vanilla extracts, beating until completely smooth.
- Pour mixture into prepared custard cups. Carefully pour enough boiling water into roasting pan to come halfway up sides of ramekins.
- Bake until the cheesecakes are puffed and the centers are just set, about 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit in the water bath for 10 minutes.
- Transfer custard cups to a wire rack; cool to room temperature. Refrigerate until well chilled, 4 hours or overnight.
- Garnish with mint sprigs, chocolate shavings and raspberries, if desired.
We love the idea of customizing this recipe to make it your own! If you add any ingredients, just be sure to keep an eye on net carbs.