Chicken Picatta with Capers and Tomatoes Recipe
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
Phase: Phase 1
1 medium (4-1/8" long) Young Green Onions
1 clove Garlic
18 oz Asparagus
2 Italian Tomatoes
1 cube Chicken Stock Cubes (Dry, Dehydrated)
2 medium Chicken Thigh
1 tablespoon Olive Oil
1 tbsp, drained Capers
0 3/4 tsp Salt
0 3/4 tsp Black Pepper
- Cut the green onion into ¼-inch pieces; set aside. Finely chop the garlic clove; set aside. Trim asparagus by snapping the thicker bottom ends where they break naturally; set aside. Cut the tomato into ¼-inch diced pieces; set aside. Add the chicken stock concentrate (cube) to 1 cup of water in a small bowl; stir and set aside.
- Pat dry the chicken thighs with paper towels. Season with ¼ teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, add the chicken and cook for 3 to 5 minutes per side, until cooked through. Transfer the chicken to a plate, cover with foil and keep warm.
- Keeping the heat at medium-high, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. When hot, add the green onions and garlic to the pan and reduce the heat to medium. Cook for about 30 seconds until garlic is fragrant.
- Add the tomatoes, 2 tablespoons of the chicken stock, capers and ¼ teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil in a medium sauté pan over medium-high heat. When hot, add the asparagus and ¼ teaspoon each of salt and pepper and sauté for 3 minutes. Return the chicken to the pan with the tomato mixture and coat the chicken in the sauce. Heat until warmed through.
- Divide the asparagus evenly between two plates. Place the chicken next to the asparagus, spoon the sauce over the chicken and enjoy!
Whether you’re feeding a family or cooking for one, you can update the serving settings above to reveal the required amount of ingredients.