Chicken and Mushrooms with Roasted Asparagus Recipe
Cook Time: 35 Minutes
Phase: Phase 2
12 oz Chicken Breast Filet, with skin
0 1/2 tsp Salt
0 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
2 tablespoon Olive Oil
6 oz Brown Mushrooms (Crimini Italian)
1 stalk large (11"-12" long) Celery
1 medium (2-1/2" dia) Onions
2 clove Garlic
1 tsp Thyme
1 tbsp Reserva Sherry Vinegar
0 1/4 cup Chicken Broth, Bouillon or Consomme
8 oz Asparagus
0 1/4 oz Parsley
- Preheat oven to 475°.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. In a medium skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil and cook chicken skin side down for 6-8 minutes until browned. Place chicken skin side up on a sheet pan and roast in the oven for 20 minutes.
- While the chicken is in the oven, slice mushrooms, dice celery, thinly slice onions, and mince garlic.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to the skillet used to brown the chicken. Heat over medium-high, add mushrooms and sauté while stirring 5 minutes. Add remaining oil (2 teaspoons) to the pan, along with celery, onion, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper and cook another 5 minutes, until onions are softened.
- After the chicken has roasted for 20 minutes, add the asparagus to the sheet pan and roast for another 5 minutes.
- Add the asparagus, thyme, sherry vinegar, and chicken broth to the skillet with the mushrooms. Top with the chicken breasts, skin side up, and cook another 2 minutes, or until the asparagus is tender-crisp and chicken is cooked through. Serve topped with parsley.
Whether you’re feeding a family or cooking for one, you can update the serving settings above to reveal the required amount of ingredients.