Keto Cherry Hazelnut Biscotti Recipe
Cook Time: 51 Minutes
Phase: Phase 2
1 1/2 cup, chopped Hazelnuts or Filberts Nuts
1 cup Whole Grain Soy Flour
1 tsp Cinnamon
0 1/4 tsp Salt
0 1/4 cup Sour Cream (Cultured)
4 large Egg (Whole)
12 tablespoon Unsalted Butter Stick
0 3/4 cup Sucralose Based Sweetener (Sugar Substitute)
0 1/3 cup Dried Cherries, unsweetened
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Finely chop 1 cup of the hazelnuts (reserve 1/2 cup of coarsely chopped hazelnuts). Place in a small bowl and whisk together with the soy flour, ground cinnamon and salt. In a medium bowl mix sour cream, and eggs.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter with sugar substitute for 3 minutes until creamy.
- Add half the egg mixture, beat 30 seconds and scrape down the sides of the bowl with spatula. Repeat with remaining egg mixture. Turn mixer on low and add dry ingredients, mixing until just combined. Fold in cherries and coarsely chopped hazelnuts. Chill dough for 1 hour.
- Divide dough in half. On ungreased baking sheets, form each dough half into a log measuring 12 x 2½ inches (moisten hands if necessary to keep dough from sticking). Bake logs 30 minutes, until almost firm. Transfer sheets to wire rack to cool 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325°F. Carefully cut logs crosswise, with a serrated knife, into ½ wide slices. Arrange slices on baking sheets. Bake 17-20 minutes until firm and crisp. Cool slices on baking sheets before storing.
We love the idea of customizing this recipe to make it your own! If you add any ingredients, just be sure to keep an eye on net carbs.