Breakfast Burrito Recipe
Cook Time: 5 Minutes
Phase: Phase 2
1 pepper JALAPENO PEPPERS
4 large Egg (Whole)
2 tbsp chopped Scallions or Spring Onions
1 tbsp Canola Vegetable Oil
0 1/4 tsp Red or Cayenne Pepper
3 tbsp SWEET RED PEPPERS
0 1/8 tsp Tabasco Sauce
2 oz SALSA
0 1/2 tsp SALT
2 tortilla LOW CARB TORTILLAS
- Whisk eggs, salt and cayenne together in a bowl.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, toast tortillas 1 minute per side until brown in spots; set aside and cover with foil to keep warm. Dice the red pepper, scallions (separate the white from the green parts) and finely dice the jalapeno.
- In the same skillet add oil, red pepper, scallion whites and jalapeno. Cook until vegetables are softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add eggs and continue to cook, stirring, until eggs are set, about 2 minutes.
- Place tortillas on plates. Divide eggs between tortillas, season with hot sauce and gently roll up.
- Serve with salsa and scallion greens.
Note: This can be made with a whole wheat or low-carb tortilla if you are in an acceptable phase. The whole wheat tortillas used here have 20g NC each so be sure to adjust the NC to the tortilla you are using. Low-carb tortillas typically have less NC than the whole wheat.
Whether you’re feeding a family or cooking for one, you can update the serving settings above to reveal the required amount of ingredients.