Beef Huevos Rancheros on Canadian Bacon
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Phase: Phase 1
- 6 oz Ground Beef (80% Lean / 20% Fat)
- 0.5 cup Green Chili Peppers (Canned)
- 0.25 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 0.25 tsp Cumin
- 0.25 tsp leaves Oregano
- 0.25 tsp Salt
- 0.25 tsp Black Pepper
- 4 slice Canadian Bacon
- 4 large Egg (Whole)
- 0.5 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 4 sprig Cilantro
DIRECTIONSThe directions for this dish call for scrambled eggs, but you can also serve them fried or poached.
- In a greased medium skillet, brown the beef over medium heat.
- Stir in chiles, garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt and pepper. Cook 5-10 minutes to blend the flavors.
- Lay the Canadian bacon slices over the top of the beef mixture to warm. Remove pan from heat and set aside.
- In another skillet, scramble eggs until firm. Alternatively, pan fry each egg and place it on top of the beef mixture in step 5.
- Place 1 piece of Canadian bacon on each plate, top with a quarter of the beef mixture and a quarter of the eggs. Sprinkle with cheese and chopped cilantro.