Beef Enchilada topped with an Egg over Spaghetti Squash Recipe
Cook Time: 0 Minutes
Phase: Phase 3
8 each EGG
4 oz Green Chili Peppers (Canned)
0 1/2 tsp BLACK PEPPER
2 clove GARLIC
1 medium (2-1/2" dia) Onions
2 1/2 lb Spaghetti Winter Squash
2 lb Ground Beef (85% Lean / 15% Fat)
1 tsp SALT
1 cup La Victoria Enchilada Sauce
1 tbsp CHILI POWDER
1 tablespoon OLIVE OIL
0 1/2 tsp CINNAMON
0 3/4 cup, shredded CHEDDAR CHEESE
- Cut squash in half lengthwise, scrape out the seeds and place both halves face side down on a plate with 2 tbsp water. Place in the microwave and cook 10 minutes on high until tender (alternatively, place cut side down on a rimmed baking sheet and bake at 400°F and bake until tender; about 40 minutes).
- While squash cooks, Dice the onions, season with salt and black pepper, and then saute in oil until fragrant and translucent; about 5 minutes. Add the minced garlic during the last minute. Then add in the ground beef, breaking it up as it is being cooked. Season it while it cooks with 1 tbsp chili powder, 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp black pepper, and cinnamon.
- Once the beef is browned add the green chilies and enchilada sauce and continue to heat through until it begins to bubble. Set temperature to low.
- Using a fork, scrape the spaghetti squash from the shells onto 6 serving plates. Top with hot beef mixture, then 2 tbsp cheese.
- In a small frying pan fry the eggs in a little oil, flipping once. Place over easy egg on top of the cheese for each plate. Enjoy immediately.
Whether you’re feeding a family or cooking for one, you can update the serving settings above to reveal the required amount of ingredients.